Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Poem for Father's Day

I've been trying to help my own children think of what to do for dad on Father's Day this weekend. When looking for a verse for a card we came across this:

"Walk a little slower, Daddy!" said a little child so small.
"I'm following in your footsteps and I don't want to fall.

Sometimes your steps are very fast, sometimes they're hard to see;
So walk a little slower Daddy, for you are leading me.

Someday when I'm all grown up, you're what I want to be.
Then I will have a little child who'll want to follow me.

And I would want to lead just right, and know that I was true;
So, walk a little slower, Daddy, for I must follow you."

It would be ideal for a gift, perhaps with some painted footprints along side (always a nice momento of children's growth). Or maybe it could be written on one of the printables here.

I'm sure dad will love his gift in whatever form it finally takes and enjoy spending Father's Day with his family. Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

0 comments:

Post a Comment